Personal information is generally information that can reasonably be used to identify or contact you. When you use our Services, we may collect and store personal information about you to provide our Services to you and improve the Services we provide to all our users. Below are some examples of personal information we collect and how we use it.Information You Provide Directly
- Bunk Notes. We offer features that allow you to send letters to your camper using our Services. If you choose to use these features, we may use your email address to copy you on the message or to send the letter on your behalf, and you hereby grant permission for such use.
- Photo Tagging Software. We offer photo tagging features to assist parents in identifying campers in photos available through the Services and to notify parents when photos of their children are uploaded. By uploading a profile photo of your child to begin the process and by tagging photos from camp in connection with these features, you are sharing information that identifies your child in the uploaded profile photos or self-tagged camp photos and that will be used algorithmically to identify the child in other camp photos.
- Customer Services. When you contact us through any of our customer support channels, including email, web portals, and telephone support numbers, we collect personal information to track and respond to your inquiry and analyze and improve our Services.
- Payment Information. If you choose to purchase any goods, services, or premium functionality through our Services, you may need to provide your payment information and other personal information, such as your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- Location. We may collect your location when you use our Services (including our mobile apps or content-uploading features) in accordance with app and device requirements. We may use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of your operating system or browser and sensor data from your computer or device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. In addition, you may submit a photo or other materials that contain geographic information in its metadata. If you do not want to share such location data, please disable such collection in your account settings and preferences. You may be permitted to opt out of the collection of your location information in your app, mobile device, hardware or browser settings. For some of our Services, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain features or functionality if you choose not to provide your location information.
- App, Browsers and Device Information. As is the case with many websites, our Services automatically collect information when you visit them, including but not limited to browser characteristics, operating system, settings, ISP, domain name, IP address, type of computer or mobile device, mobile carrier, connection information, and unique device identifier.
- Your Activity. We may collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we may log when you are using and have last used our Services, and what pages and other content you view on our Services. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including to tailor the Services to your preferences and otherwise improve your experience, to operate and administer the Services, to conduct research and analytics, to assess your interest in the Services, and to keep the Services secure. We may deploy various tracking technologies to collect this information. Examples of the types of tracking technologies deployed on the Services include the following:
- "Cookies" are small data files stored on your computer or device to collect information about your use of the Services. In addition to the general purposes listed above, cookies may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our website in the past, and relate your use of our website to other information we have about you. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on our website (for example, by storing your username) and/or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, limit your use of our website or its features.
- "Local shared objects," or "flash cookies," may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate much like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
- A "pixel tag" (also known as a "clear GIF" or "web beacon") is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you've opened one of our emails or seen one of our web pages.
- "HTML5" (the language some websites, such as mobile websites, are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your usage of the Services so that we may improve and customize them for you.
Do Not Track
Chrome, Firefox, and Safari include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" or "DNT" signals. Since uniform standards for "DNT" signals have not been adopted, our Services do not currently process or respond to "DNT" signals.How We Use Your Personal Information
- Administer Our Site and Services. We use your personal information to operate our Services and conduct and fulfill the transactions that you request. For example, we use your information to display and customize the Services, offer the photo galleries, provide the photo tagging system, provide the bunk notes and bunk replies systems, provide camp update messages and newsletters, administer push and SMS notifications, and operate our e-commerce store.
- Provide Customer Support. When you contact customer support, we may use or request personal information as necessary to answer your questions, resolve disputes, or investigate complaints.
- Ensure the Security of Our Services. To ensure your continued enjoyment of our Services in a safe manner, we may process your personal information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud, enhance security, monitor and verify identity or access, and combat spam or other malware or security risks; improve and enforce our security measures; and to monitor the security of our Services.
- Send Transactional Communications. We may process your personal information to send you transactional communications. This may include contacting you via email, telephone, push or in-app notifications or text-based messaging to inform you about updates to our Services, information about your account, or information about ecommerce transactions that you conduct on the Services. This includes customer support communications to respond to your questions, concerns, feedback, disputes or issues. Transactional communications are not promotional in nature. You may be able to modify your contact preferences, but you will not be able to unsubscribe from all such communications; otherwise, you might miss important information about your account, the Services, or transactions you engage in on our website or through the Services.
- Protect Our Rights and Interests. We may use personal information if we determine that it is necessary to protect our rights and interests or to enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, or to protect our Services, users, customers, or others.
- Conduct Analytics, Research and Development. We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our Services and customer communications, as well as to develop new products and offerings. Under our research and development efforts, we may share anonymized camper profile photos and tags with third party vendors solely for the purpose of improving the reliability of our photo tagging technology. We would only share such data with those third party vendors who entered into contracts with us that contained strict restrictions limiting their usage to providing such services to us, as well as requiring them to adhere to customary, industry-standard confidentiality and information security protocols.
- Other Purposes Described at the Time of Information Collection, Use, or Sharing. We may in some circumstances notify you or seek your consent to use your personal information in other ways, as described just before collection, usage, or sharing of your personal information. These notices may be specific to certain parts of our Services.
- Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the "CCPA").
We do NOT use your personal information for marketing or advertising purposes. If we intended any such usage that might be considered marketing (for example, that might be associated with a promotion like a contest or sweepstakes), we would notify you and seek your consent to use your personal information for that purpose, as described above.Information Shared with Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties to provide or improve our Services, or to assist us in advising you of other products or services that may be of interest to you. When we share your personal information with third parties, we require those third parties to handle and protect it in accordance with relevant laws and such third parties published privacy policies.
- Our Camp Partners. We share some or all of your personal information with our camp partners who you identify as affiliated with your camper. This allows us to operate our Services such as the photo galleries from your camp, provide the bunk notes and bunk replies systems, provide camp update messages and newsletters, and administer push and SMS notifications.
- Our Service Providers. We may share information with service providers and contractors who work on our behalf for any of the stated uses of your information. Examples include vendors and service providers who provide assistance with marketing, billing, processing credit card payments, security, data analysis and insight, technical support and customer service. All these third parties have agreed to keep confidential any information or data that may be shared with them.
- For Fraud and Legal Reasons. We may disclose your Personal Information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property; to protect the safety of you or others; investigate fraud; to comply with relevant law; or to respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, such as law enforcement instructions, official investigations, court orders, subpoenas, or warrants.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, change or dissolution, including for example a merger, investment, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind- down of a business. Such disclosure may include, without limitation, transfer of personal information to a purchaser of all or substantially all our ownership interests or assets or our affiliates, a successor by merger, or an existing or new corporate affiliate.
- Our Corporate Affiliates. We have or may have parents, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other affiliated companies (collectively, “Affiliate Companies”). We may share some or all your personal information with Affiliate Companies for multiple reasons, including, without limitation, to help us provide our Services or for the Affiliate Companies own business or marketing purposes.
- Third Party Partners to Provide Co-Branded Products and Services. In some cases, we may share personal information with third party partners to provide co-branded products or services, including contests, sweepstakes, and joint activities. For example, if you choose to interact with such co-branded products or services using your account information with us, we may share your account information with third parties as required to provide the co-branded product or service that you request.
We do NOT share your personal information with third parties for their marketing or advertising purposes. If we intended any such usage that might be considered third-party marketing (for example, that might be associated with a sponsored promotion like a contest or sweepstakes), we would notify you and seek your consent to use your personal information for that purpose, as described above.Retention
We save your personal information at least until your account membership with us is terminated and you unsubscribe to email notifications. You may continue to receive email communications for a short period of time until we have updated all our databases. After termination of your membership, at our discretion, your personal information may remain on our archived database and records or it may be deleted. Notwithstanding the above, we may maintain information on users who have been removed for violating our Terms of Service or as otherwise required pursuant to law, and we may maintain email addresses in our unsubscribe lists.
The profile photos of campers that parents may upload to enable our photo tagging software are deleted at the end of each calendar year. Our software works best when parents upload new photos of their children at the start of each camp year for the software to have a recent photo to work with. Once a camp photo has been tagged, the photo tagging software is no longer used for that photo (although that tag information is retained with the photo indefinitely unless you untag it).How We Protect Personal Information
We understand how important your privacy is to you, which is why we maintain (and require our service providers to maintain) appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to us. Some of our Services use third-party payment processors to process payments pursuant to their privacy policies. We offer the use of a secure server for order transactions. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database(s) only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your Personal Information including credit card numbers will not be stored on our servers.
Please note, however, that with current technology, the security of your personal information as it travels over the Internet or as it resides in any storage system cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
When you sign up for an account, you will establish a User ID and password. You are responsible for maintaining your password as confidential. You are responsible for any activity that occurs on your account as a result of you sharing your password with another or failing to protect it. We are not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your password.
If you correspond with us by email, text message or using web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Services, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure from access by unauthorized parties. If you create an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account.
- Account Information Access and Deletion. In relation to some of our Services, you may be able to review, update or modify certain of the personal information that is stored in a user account set up with us by logging in to your account profile or by contacting us. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
- Marketing Communications. If you do not want to be in our marketing email, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in non-transactional emails.
Our Services are designed and intended for use by adults. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from persons who are under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not register on our website, make purchases through our website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, postal address, telephone number or email address. Instead, please have your parent or guardian register and use the Services on your behalf.International Users
If you are a California resident, you have the rights set forth in this section. Please see the "Exercising Your Rights" section below for instructions regarding how to exercise these rights. Please note that we may process Personal Data of our customers' end users or employees in connection with our provision of certain services to our customers. If we are processing your Personal Data as a service provider, you should contact the entity that collected your Personal Data in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. In response, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your Personal Data to any third parties for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third party recipient. If we have sold your Personal Data over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data sold to each category of third party recipient.Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected about you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with our services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you or your Authorized Agent (defined below) must send us a request that (1) provides your first name, last name, company, and email address to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a "Valid Request". We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and writing "California Rights Request" in the subject line.
You may also authorize an agent (an "Authorized Agent") to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In
We will not sell your Personal Data, and have not done so over the last 12 months. To our knowledge, we do not sell the Personal Data of minors under 16 years of age.We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may offer different tiers of our services as allowed by applicable data privacy laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of Personal Data that we receive from you.Offline Information